and I think one or two other people (comment if you tagged me in these and I didnt include your name!)
1. Given the choice between a good movie and a terrible cheesy movie I would choose the latter.
2. I love the rain, the snow and stormy/gloomy/windy days.
3. Im an English major in University. Im pretty close to getting my BA
4. I played hockey for many years. I also played ringette, volleyball, soccer, football, badminton, track and field and baseball. I may be missing a sport or two
5. I work at Starbucks part-time. I do it for the free coffee
and flexible hours XD
6. Lelola.net is the website responsible for my interest in anime and introduction to cosplay. It was run by
so I guess shes the one who inadvertently got me into cosplay!
7. I was a camp counselor and for my cabins team song I re-wrote Gastons song with them. We won.
8. While camping with
I fought a bear. But it wasnt so much fighting as it was scaring off with stick waving and yelling. And it wasnt so much as bear as it was a coyote. Okay fine it was probably a raccoon. But fact is, I won.
9. I havent lived at home since I was 18.
10. I hated pasta and eggs until about a year and a half ago. Now I love them.
- Who did you first cosplay as?
The first cosplay I did that I knew was cosplay was genin Naruto
- When and where did you first cosplay?
Anime Evolution 2007.
-Who have you cosplayed as in the past?
The list is nearly 100 at the moment XD I have a list of most of them beside my journal
not gonna spam that here. Its quality, not quantity! And Im certainly lacking in the quality area.
- Who is your favorite person to cosplay as?
Sora. It was so much fun to just BE in that costume. I also enjoy cosplaying anyone from Sailor Moon and Final Fantasy. Link was also a blast. Lets pretend that it was person(s) not person XD
- Who do you REALLY wanna cosplay as?
Peter Pan (one that has been in the works for years, Im indecisive on when I want to do this costume)
- How many of your friends cosplay?
Pfftttttt probably 75% of them XD
- Have you ever walked around in public in your cosplay outfit?
FFX cosplay, on a Saturday, midday, at the busiest mall in BC. And Disneyland in KH cosplay XD
- Have people in public ever recognized you and asked for photos?
Many times. It was best in Disneyland when the ride-operators at the Indiana Jones ride recognized us as Sora, Roxas, Riku and Axel and got excited.
- What was your favorite cosplay experience?
Disneyland as Roxas. Religious experience.
- What is your worst cosplay experience?
Anime Evolution as Kuja and Snow because of chest injuries.
- When and where did you first learn of cosplay?
Learn to cosplay? Well I started cosplaying in 2007
learning when it comes to cosplay is an ongoing thing imo.
- What did you think of it then?
I thought it was awesome to finally get to hang out with people who shared an interest in anime with me. And dressing up as characters struck me as fascinating.
- What do you think of it now?
Its certainly been a major stepping stone in my life. When I look back on myself before I started cosplaying I can clearly see how much confidence its given me and how much its changed my perspective (indirectly and directly) on people and life. Its become a little less important to me now, but its still a great pastime : )
- Where do you usually cosplay?
Cons or meetups
- Have you ever done a cosplay skit on stage?
Once. I dont really like participating in masquerades at cons. They take up a hefty amount of con time that I could be spending hanging out with friends that I dont see often
and thats more or less why I go to cons in the first place XD
- Have you ever won a prize for said skit?
Yeah, we won Best in Show at Kei Kon 2008.
- Do you plan your cosplay outfits waaay before you're meant to wear them?
Sometimes. It really depends. We usually have one costume planned for a con long before a con, and some costumes we decide to do a week or two before the con.
- Have you ever been to a convention and cosplayed?
3-4 times a year XD
- Ever have something terrible happen to your outfit?
Ive had outfits fall apart on me and Ive had a lot of injuries due to bad costume construction.
- What is the best thing about cosplay?
The challenge in emulating a character. Making new friends and the fun times with friends that I have in cosplay as well.
- What is the worst thing about cosplay?
Cost and drama.
- Why do you cosplay?
For fun and bro times. Nuff said.
- What is your favorite part about cosplaying?
Meeting new people and making something that presents a personal challenge. I like to look back on my old costumes and see how much Ive personally improved over time.
- How long have you been cosplaying?
- How long will you continue cosplaying?
Until I meet the Old Spice Man and my costumes become diamonds ← my RSP